Movies under the stars at Shade’s Mills
The movies are free for season pass holders and day pass holders. Or, up to six people in a vehicle can gain admission for a special flat fee of $10 on Friday nights starting at 8 p.m.
“This was very successful last year when we did it for the first time. We had people coming from all over and we have a great schedule of family favourites planned for this summer as well,” says Brian Hunt, park superintendent.
The food concession will be open and offering snacks and drinks. Visitors should bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit in front of the big screen. Cancellations due to poor weather or schedule changes will be posted on this page, on Facebook or mentioned on Twitter @grandriverca.
Movies start shortly before sunset, and the times vary between 8:45 p.m. during the longer days of June and July and 7:15 p.m. by September. The movies are all rated parental guidance (PG) or general admission (G)s. Specific movies for each Friday are listed in the Newsroom on the GRCA website at www.grandriver.ca/newsroom/news.cfm and also on www.grandriver.ca/calendar. E-mail the park or call 519-621-3697 for more information.
The movies are funded in part by the Grand River Conservation Foundation.
- June 7 – Wreck It Ralph (G) 8:45 p.m.
- June 14 – Bolt (PG) 8:45 p.m.
- June 21 – Treasure Planet (G) 8:45 p.m.
- June 28 – Spiderman (PG) 8:45 p.m.
- July 5 – Lion King (G) 8:45 p.m.
- July 12 – Marry Poppins (G) 8:45 p.m.
- July 19 – Chicken Little (G) 8:45 p.m.
- July 26 – The Avengers (PG) 8:45 8:45 p.m.
- August 2 – Brave (G) 8:30 p.m.
- August 9 – A Bug’s Life (G) 8:30 p.m.
- August 16 – Monsters Inc. (G) 8:30
- August 23 – G-Force (PG) 8 p.m.
- August 30 – Hoodwinked (PG) 8 p.m.
- September 6 – Finding Nemo (G) 7:45 p.m.
- September 13 – Lilo & Stitch (G) 7:30 p.m.
- September 20 – Hotel Transylvania (G) 7:15 p.m.
- September 6 – Gnomeo and Juliet (G) 7 p.m.
Where: Avenue Road, Cambridge
When: every friday night June 7 – September 6, weather permitting