BOX ART SHOW & SALE
- Showcase the work of local artists
- Explore historical roots of creativity and ingenuity in our community
- Support the wonderful organizations that make Waterloo Region a better place to live
- Contribute to visual arts education and awareness.
Launched in November 2009, the BOX Art Show & Sale occurs annually on the first weekend after Remembrance Day. BOX partners with a different charitable organization each year, and invites a member of the organization to join our curatorial team. In return for their help, this charity receives a percentage of all BOX art sales.
The BOX Art Show & Sale took its name from the old Boehmer Box Factory where BOX 09 was held and the original artists meet regularly to critique each other’s artwork.
BOX uses a unique two-stage juried art selection process:
In Stage One, regional artists submit four pieces of original art for consideration by an independent three-person panel of art professionals. Approximately twenty to twenty-five artists are selected in Stage One of BOX, and their works include mixed media, painting, photography, prints and sculpture. These chosen artists have the opportunity to prepare additional art to be included in BOX, subject to a Stage Two Jury Review.
THE BOX INTENT IS TO:
- be respectful of artists’ time and resources
- provide successful applicants with an opportunity to show and sell a significant body of work
- assist artists in developing their art practice
- employ innovative and proactive ways to address issues of art-show attendance
- make new connections to arts enthusiasts and collectors.
In addition to the annual event, BOX is planning ways to provide sale and show opportunities for BOX artists for one full year following the November weekend event!
The establishment of mutually beneficial partnerships within the community at large is fundamental to the BOX philosophy!
Where: 60 Main St., Cambridge
When: November 17 & 18, 2012
For more information please visit website
365 things to do in Kitchener Waterloo is brought to you by Keith Marshall, Realtor with Royal LePage Grand Valley Realty. I’d like to earn your business and that or your friends and family. Your referrals are always welcome and appreciated. Please call or email if you need a Realtor to turn to with your questions?