THEMUSEUM Remembers Goudies
Relive the memories of Downtown Kitchener’s iconic Goudies Department Store. Relive the past during Kitchener’s 100 year anniversary. THEMUSEUM recreates the sights and sounds of Goudies Department Store at it’s peak of popularity – the 1950’s. Dig out your hippest threads and bring your 50s style for a fun family outing!
The activities include: nostalgic ice cream soda float bar, Cameo Necklaces crafts, Yo-Yo and Hoola Hoop contests, authentic Goudies cinnamon buns, photo and memorabilia exhibit, vintage clothing boutiques, and if you’re old enough, the chance to share memories with Goudies employees, family and friends.
When: June 24, 2012
Schedule of activities:
- 11:30am – 12:00pm: Goudies Tour
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm: Rockabilly band Billy Dixon and the Neatos
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Dance lesson with the Hepcat Hoppers
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm: Goudies Tour
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Rockabilly band Billy Dixon and the Neatos
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm: Dance lesson with the Hepcat Hoppers
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm: Photo Booth
For more information please visit website
365 things to do in Kitchener Waterloo is brought to you by Keith Marshall whose dog Chichi must think is the best hunter in the world when he returns home from grocery shopping or the mall.
Photo courtesy of KPL.