Get your berry-face on for the 11th Annual St. Agatha StrawberryFest. StrawberryFest happens every year on the third Saturday of June, in St. Agatha. The event offers something fun for all ages. With emphasis on locally grown strawberries, StrawberryFest offers a wide variety of activities to appeal to all ages. There will be breakfast, lunch, live entertainment, competitions and games.
StrawberryFest strives to promote local eating, support surrounding local businesses, and engage community spirit. This non-profit community project raises proceeds for local projects, charities and community improvements.
Past charitable donations and local aid provided by StrawberryFest has supported:
- Sponsored local Special Olympics athletes
- KidsLink Family and Children’s Services
- Wilmot Horticultural Society
- Donation to Wilmot Recreational Centre (MURF)
- St. Agatha Elementary School
- Wilmot Family Resource Centre
- St. Agatha Ladies Slo-Pitch
- Petersburg Park
- St. Agatha Community Centre
- Misty Meadows
- Cystinosis Awareness and Research Effort (Gabby’s Wish)
- St. Agatha Lions Club
- Waterloo-Oxford DSS Developmentally Challenged Program
- The Wig Room – Knox Presbyterian Church, Stratford, ON
- And numerous donations to local families in emergency need of help!
Events of the day:
8:00 – 10:00am Pancake Breakfast
BBQ Lunch at Noon
Adult Beverage Garden
Fun for the Children:
Colouring Contest, petting zoo, rides, face-painting, and games
Bid on and win great stuff
Vendor Craft Sale:
Local artisans, unique gifts and artwork
Fresh, Local Strawberries & Freshly-made Strawberry Pies, Shakes & Jam!
Where: St. Agatha Community Center, St. Agatha
When: June 16, 2012
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
For more information please visit website
365 things to do in Kitchener Waterloo is brought to you by Keith Marshall. Is there a better berry than the strawberry? I don’t think so.
Let me take you down, ’cause I’m going to Straw berry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever. – the Beatles